Architectural Technologist required, Faversham
This role sits within the in-house Architectural Design team of a phenomenally successful, fast paced Building Surveying Practice, Consult Construct Limited, based in an exceptional office location, within a country park near Faversham, Kent.
This position will provide the suitable candidate with a unique opportunity to manage live new build and refurbishment projects, from inception and design stage, through the construction stage to completion. Working within the domestic, commercial, residential care home and educational sectors. This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to progress their career within a positive environment, where learning and development is actively supported and promoted.
Essential job functions:
- Overall responsibility for day to day management and progression of several projects
- Undertake measured surveys when required
- Developing design from client briefs
- Project co-ordination
- Produce and submit valid statutory applications for planning and building regulations
- Produce large scale technical details, working drawings and tender packages
- Produce accurate and high-quality outputs
- Source technical information, liaise with technical departments and integrate agreed products and details in to the design
- Ensure correct application of our quality management systems, procedures, and document control
- Co-ordination of specialist consultants and an awareness of each specialist and how this is applied in the design process.
- Minimum 5 years’ post qualification experience
- Relevant Architectural / construction qualifications. MCIAT desirable but not essential.
- A high level of written and verbal communications skills
- In-depth knowledge of current Building Regulations and planning process
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Sketchup or other 3D modelling software an advantage
- Experience of using NBS for specification writing
- An awareness of JCT Contracts, would be beneficial, but is not essential
- Hand drawing / Sketching skills would be advantageous
- Natural drive to achieve financial targets and hit figures for bonus
- Possess a passion for good design and providing excellent customer service
- Team player
- Permanent position
- Salary circa £40k, according to experience
- Discretionary target driven bonus
- Flexible working hours around core hours - Monday to Friday
- 25 days holiday
- Workplace pension
The company is following current Government advice during the Covid-19 pandemic, with home working accessible and Covid-19 secure measures in place within the office.
How to apply
To apply - please send by email to Julie Potter, Practice Manager email@example.com a CV with covering letter, PDF portfolio of project experience that illustrates your ability and experience and two referees who can be contacted or two written references.
Only successful candidates will be contacted for interview at Stage 1 – anticipated to be mid July 2020.
Consult Construct are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages and welcomes all applications Absolutely no agencies or unsolicited approaches from anyone other than direct applicants please.
Back to jobs