Senior Architectural Technologist for Regional Contractor required, Cadishead
Principal construction contractors Red Tree are looking for an experienced architectural technologist to add a dedicated design resource to their team. The position will report directly to the Directors of the business and work across the business development, commercial and operational functions of the company.
Meaningful experience as an Architectural Technologist is a requirement for this role, and there is an expectation that the candidate will be bringing a working knowledge of the built environment and architecture to bare on their work. Client/contractor side experience isn’t a pre-requisite for the role.
As a business this Principal Contractor focuses on the healthcare, education, commercial and fit-out sectors; with a general leaning towards refurbishments/remodelling projects. The role will involve among other things:
- Reconciliation and rationalisation of client produced designs, both pre-construction and during construction.
- Design Management for our Design & Build projects
- Design development and finalisation of schemes for clients without a consultant team.
- Amending construction drawings for site use.
- Assisting with tenders where outline design proposals are required.
- Undertaking site surveys and scope building.
- Development of project specifications.
- Liaison with client consultant teams, including design team meetings.
- Design coordination reviews.
- Finalising as-built designs for inclusion in post-completion O&Ms.
- Driving design improvements across all our projects to achieve enhanced commercial and operational outcomes.
- Ensuring Red Tree’s design function is value adding.
The successful candidate is likely to have:
- Architectural related qualifications.
- Experience of working independently or in a position of responsibility.
- Strong AutoCad & Revit skills. (With Cad being the primary tool)
- Experience in the Healthcare or Educational sector.
- Excellent organisational skills. •
- Ability to produce professional yet attractive documentation, with well written content.
- An eye for detail and a naturally diligent attitude.
- Ability to work across multiple projects simultaneously.
£35,000 - £40,000 dependent on experience
Red Tree currently employ around 40 people, half of which are permanently based in their Cadishead office. This young team is spread across a range of disciplines, including estimating, marketing, quantity surveying, project management, planning, design, operational & finance, all supporting their site teams to deliver projects for clients in a progressive and partnering fashion. As a growing business, the right candidate will have a strong opportunity to develop their role in conjunction with their growth trajectory.
How to apply
Applications and CVs are to be sent to Tom Eccles by email at email@example.com
Back to jobs