Architectural Technologist required, Welshpool
PYC is a family run business located in a beautiful area of mid-Wales, based in our certified PassivHaus office, next to our purpose-built factory. We have three core principles: Quality, Sustainability and Innovation.
This is a chance to work with like-minded individuals in a dynamic working environment. We personally manage projects from concept design to build completion, using off-site construction at our factory facility. We have developed a timber frame building system using high performance products, producing sustainable and energy efficient buildings. The PassivHaus standard is an important part of our construction ethos. We pride ourselves on focussing on our clients’ needs as well as meeting increasing demands for ecological and sustainable buildings. Our vision is to create buildings that are long lasting and reduce energy demand. We work closely with our clients, our technicians, and our build teams, to ensure everyone understands the design process.
We are seeking a new Architectural Technologist to come and join our business.
Salary will be dependent on experience.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Producing high quality drawings for all stages of the design process (RIBA Stages 2-5)
- Producing detailed specifications and tendering packages
- Liaising with clients, consultants, contractors and other professionals
- Responding to actions from management, completing them in agreed timeframes, working with other team members where appropriate
- Assisting in securing new work, providing commercial and design input
Experience & Skills essential
- Architectural Technology degree (CIAT) or relevant qualification
- Prior experience of working in architectural design for construction department
- Ability to compile and deliver design documentation for RIBA Stages 4-5
- Ability to coordinate with the architectural design team
- Possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to translate design intent drawings into accurate technical/construction drawings
- Ability to coordinate with main contractors and subcontractors, and adhere to budget and programme requirements
- Working knowledge of UK Building Regulations, British Standards, CDM and best practice - or at least knowledge and understanding of PassivHaus with the willingness to learn
- Respond to ‘Requests for Information’ and issue design clarifications
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to work independently and/or as part of a team
- Proficient in relevant architectural CAD package e.g. AutoCAD, Microstation, Vectorworks or ArchiCAD
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software - Awareness of WUFI and THERM and other thermal bridge modelling software
- Knowledge and understanding of sustainable construction products & techniques
- CEPH PassivHaus designer qualification
- Knowledge and understanding of CDM Regulations
- Ability to compile and deliver design documentation for RIBA Stages 1-3
- Proficient in 3D architectural BIM CAD package ArchiCAD or Revit
- Experience in timber frame design & construction
- Proficient in Mitek, HSB CAD or similar timber frame software
- Proficient in Sketchup
- A thirst for life and the outdoors, sharing our office passions for walking, cycling, climbing and general well-being!
How to apply
If you would like to join our fabulous team, please contact Charlie who will send you an application pack: email@example.com (01938 500 797)
Back to jobs