Architectural Technologist required, York
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and pro-active individual to join a growing Architecture and Building Surveying team based in York. As part of a small team working across a broad and diverse portfolio of rural, residential and commercial properties, for both private and institutional clients, you will provide support to colleagues at the same time as developing and managing your own workload.
You will have a strong work ethic, excellent technical ability and communication skills and understand the importance of delivering an outstanding level of client care.
Whilst the position is based in York, the team delivers work throughout our Northern Region and as other office and site visits will be required you will have a full driving license and access to a suitable vehicle.
- Assisting with building and defect diagnosis surveys and report writing.
- Undertaking detailed measured surveys.
- Preparing drawings (both existing and proposed) in AutoCAD and other drawing packages, where relevant.
- Producing design and technical drawings and solutions, where relevant.
- Working with and supporting other team members in managing projects from inception to completion including the preparation of detailed and working drawings, ensuring building regulation and other statutory compliance, the generation of schedules of work, specifications, tender packages and assisting with contract administration duties etc.
- General support to the architectural and building surveying team at a local and regional level. In addition to the tasks described above, the job holder may be required to carry out other duties as may reasonably be required from time to time.
- Ask questions, interact, and discuss objectives and day to day work with your team.
- Provide assistance to team members wherever possible.
- Develop and maintain active communication both within your team and other teams.
- Exercise confidentiality and discretion at all times.
- Be proactive to be able to complete work required.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- CIAT member preferred but not essential.
- Experience and proficiency in AutoCAD LT.
- Knowledge and understanding of the CDM Regulations 2015.
- Some experience or knowledge of NBS Specification writer software.
- Microsoft Office software literate.
- Experience in traditional building construction, defects and design.
- An interest in and understanding of traditional buildings and historic building conservation.
- The candidate should ideally have knowledge of the rural sector.
How to apply
To apply for this role please submit your CV and a covering letter to Andrew McRoyall RIBA at email@example.com
Please note, we will use your personal data to respond to your application.
For further details, or to view our Privacy Notice or Group Equality & Diversity policy, see our website - savills.co.uk.
Savills is a Disability Confident Committed Employer.
Back to jobs