Birmingham | RIBA Conservation Course
Do you want to develop specialist knowledge, skills and connections in the field of conservation? Then this course is for you!
The RIBA Conservation Course is an important step on the ladder towards a specialism in conservation. It will provide you with a framework of knowledge and understanding to support your decision making process on projects and enable you to apply for recognition of your skills within the RIBA and other Conservation Accreditation Schemes.
The course is aimed at designers and other construction professionals who:
- wish to develop their specialism in conservation architecture
- want to develop practical knowledge and skills in conservation
- wish to refresh their knowledge or formalise learning from experience in the field
- need to provide evidence to support their application onto the RIBA Conservation Register and other accreditation schemes.
This four day course addresses the philosophical and practical requirements associated with the responsibility of working on a historic building. Attending the course will help you develop critical awareness and knowledge of conservation work and be of direct practical application. It is structured as a four day intensive course comprising three workshop based days and a practical application day. For more information please see the course factsheet.
- Day 1 Philosophy and ethics
- Day 2 Practical conservation
- Day 3 Operational conservation
- Day 4 Site visits and the RIBA accreditation application process
The four day interactive course includes practical site visit, refreshments, lunch, learning materials and RIBA Conservation Course attendance certificate.
Make savings of up to £100 by booking your place on both the RIBA Conservation Course and the RIBA Advanced Conservation Course.
Days 1 - 4:
RIBA/CIAT members £400+VAT
Non members £800+VAT
Days 1 - 6:
RIBA/CIAT members £610+VAT
Non members £1220+VAT
‘Birmingham On the Rise’ will be an interactive exploration of the City’s past, present and future relationship with tall buildings and densification
The event shaped by industry experts - completely free to attend
Innovation and new advisory board shape theme for disruptor products and technologies at UK Construction Week 2019