London | Introduction to Principal Designer course
CIAT registered course
This one-day, interactive, introductory course will equip delegates with the knowledge and understanding to undertake the new CDM2015 Principal Designer role on small and medium sized projects. Delegates should ideally be familiar with the CDM2015 Regulations or have already attended a CDM2015 Awareness Course. Delegates will be tested on their knowledge at the end of the course.
This course will cover:
- Introduction to CDM2015, the duty holders roles and their responsibilities;
- Appointment as PD - fees , terms, schedule of services, PII;
- What a good PD actually does and how they can add value to the client’s project;
- Design Risk Management and its importance to the PD role;
- Applying effective design risk management techniques through good soft skills;
- Understanding ways of ensuring collaboration and securing designer teamwork;
- Understanding how to deliver the PD service and its component parts (PCI and H&S File) in a proportionate, practical and effective way;
- How the PD role fits into the RIBA Plan of Work;
- Pre-Construction Information - what is required;
- Liaising with the Principal Contractor and input to the Construction Phase Plan;
- Dealing with design changes during the construction phase;
- Health and Safety File preparation and delivery.
The course has been designed specifically for architects and technologists by James Ritchie who is the RIBA's Specialist Practice Consultant for CDM. Each course is delivered by James. Delegates are required to sit and pass an examination at the end in order to successfully complete the course.
James is a chartered architect and has been providing CDM training and seminars since 1999. He qualified as an architect in 1984 and has been delivering planning supervisor, CDM Coordinator and now Principal Designer services to clients since 1995. He is an Association for Project Safety approved trainer for one of their Accredited Training Providers and since January 2016 has been delivering the APS 2-day Principal Designer course as well as his own One-day Principal Designer course.
Cost/fee for attendance: £150.00 + VAT
Address: 1 Alexandra Terrace, Haydon Bridge, Hexham, Northumberland, NE47 6LW
Name of CPD contact: James Ritchie
Job title: Architect
Exact times and venue will be confirmed nearer the date. For booking form please click here.
The leading regional event for specifiers
Innovation and technology in the built environment
Exhibition and networking summit