York | RIBA Conservation Course
Do you have a passion for conservation architecture? Then this course is for you!
The RIBA Conservation Course is an important step on the ladder towards a specialism in conservation. It will provide you with a framework of knowledge and understanding to support your decision making process on projects and enable you to apply for recognition of your skills within the RIBA and other Conservation Accreditation Schemes.
The course is aimed at designers and other construction professionals who:
- wish to develop their specialism in conservation architecture
- want to develop practical knowledge and skills in conservation
- wish to refresh their knowledge or formalise learning from experience in the field
- need to provide evidence to support their application onto the RIBA Conservation Register and other accreditation schemes.
This four day course addresses the philosophical and practical requirements associated with the responsibility of working on a historic building. Attending the course will help you develop critical awareness and knowledge of conservation work and be of direct practical application. It is structured as a four day intensive course comprising three workshop based days and a practical application day. For more information please see the course factsheet.
- Day 1 Philosophy and ethics
- Day 2 Practical conservation
- Day 3 Operational conservation
- Day 4 Site visits and the RIBA accreditation application process
The four day interactive course includes practical site visit, refreshments, lunch, learning materials and RIBA Conservation Course attendance certificate.
Days 1 - 4:
12, 13, 19 and 20 September
RIBA/CIAT members £400+VAT
Non members £800+VAT
Part of Shulmans LLP Breakfast Seminar Series
The Yorkshire Hubs of the CIOB are running a CPD event on mental health
Next stop: Glasgow!
Hong Kong Centre
The Americas Centre
Republic of Ireland Centre
Middle East and Africa Centre