Receptionist required, London
Busy, pro-active professional Institute within the built environment is looking for a Receptionist.
The successful candidate must possess excellent communication skills with strong organisational and administrative ability and able to take responsibility for their own work and have confidence to represent the Institute as its first point of call. The job role includes general administration for all Departments as required; there will be a full induction and a handover period.
The Receptionist will be responsible to the Chief Executive’s Department and will provide administrative support primarily to the Communications and Membership Departments.
The main duties include:
- Welcome guests and members of the Institute ensuring they sign in and out the visitor book, providing refreshments and supporting staff members being visited as required
- To maintain the reception and waiting area
- Manage general office duties as and when necessary (i.e. purchasing sundries, producing signage for the office, recycling etc.)
- Answer all incoming calls and assisting with enquiries and transferring calls
- Processing morning and evening post
- Receive and action emails and forward them to the relevant department
- Maintain and update membership and complimentary database as required
- Amend and update Regional/Centre Committee information as required
- Send Regional/Centre mailshots by post and e-alerts as requested
- Photocopy, scan and print for all Departments as required including dealing
- Update telephone and extension lists
- To order and maintain routine stationery stocks
- Monitor usage of Institute literature
- Order envelopes as required
- Approve invoices for items purchased
- Complete a monthly Excel spreadsheet for usage of the Chief Executive’s credit card
- Order lunches for meetings
- Prepare boxes with literature to be shipped or posted as required by all departments
- Book taxis/couriers as required
- Set up audio visual (screen, laptops, projectors) and conference call units
- Be a part of the office management team for arranging tradespeople such as plumbers, builders etc.
- Manage the office alarm, be part of the fire marshal and first aid teams
- Undertaking any other duties as necessary and acting as part of the office team
General IT skills with knowledge of MS Word, Excel and databases are essential.
The Receptionist may be required to travel to out-of-office meetings as directed which might involve overnight stays at the Institute’s expense. The Institute has a policy in place for time of in lieu for working “out of hours”.
More information on CIAT can be found at : www.ciat.org.uk
Please note we are only able to provide feedback to candidates that have been interviewed (if requested).
CIAT will take all reasonable measures to accommodate any request under the Equality Act. If you have a particular need or requirement, then please state them in your covering letter and we will accommodate.
How to apply
Please send your CV and a covering letter letting us know why you think you are the right candidate for the role. All applications should be sent to to Silvia Faggion at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications without covering letters will not be considered going forward.
Back to jobs