Senior Architectural Technician required, Leeds
Carey Jones Chapman Tolcher are seeking a Senior Architectural Technician to join our team in Leeds. The individual will be joining our enthusiastic and skilled team in our Leeds studio and will be a key part of the architecture delivery team. He or she will work with a team of architectural assistants, junior technicians and more experienced architects and associates, under the line management of a director on a daily basis, leading on detail design and assisting with the project delivery of their teams’ projects across various sectors including residential, commercial, education and mixed-use.
At Carey Jones Chapman Tolcher we focus on design-led, original and efficient schemes from project inception to delivery. We foster an open, direct and collaborative work culture that inspires great work for us and our clients.
Responsibilities and skills
These will include, but are not limited to:
- Work as part of an architectural team to successfully complete tasks/projects.
- Excellent communication skills; collaboration with staff and external consultants.
- Demonstrate strong design sensitivity and practical project running ability.
- Act as technical mentor to colleagues pursuing professional qualifications and lead by example delivering consistently high-quality standards of design and detailing.
- Responsible for project based delivery, producing information, document control, records filing and following QA/JQP and office procedures.
- Producing, manage and control production information, including CAD/Revit drawings at all work stages, documents, schedules and NBS specifications.
- Manage or coordinate other design team and associated professionals.
- Attend project and contract related meetings where required (client review, design team, local authority planning and building control etc). Contract administration and project certification where relevant.
- Show awareness of productive team working Aptitudes.
This role is suited to an experienced Architectural Technician who is confident using AutoCAD and Revit and has excellent detailing and construction knowledge with the ability to prepare detailed construction drawing packages. The candidate must have strong understanding of principles, techniques and methods used in different types of construction and good understanding of CDM and Health and Safety.
The individual will show commitment and professional drive, take key directions and work at pace, be able to work under their own steam, self-checking, using their initiative as part of the design team or alone on individual projects tasks. A good working knowledge of current Planning, Building Regulation legislation and building contracts is important.
- Show knowledge of one or more sectors including mixed use, residential and commercial developments.
- CIAT or Degree in Architecture/Architectural Technology or equivalent i.e. building related qualification plus a minimum of 10 years demonstrable and relevant experience.
- Autodesk Revit/3D modelling and AutoCAD capability.
- In-depth construction knowledge.
- Strong demonstrable IT skills including AutoCAD, Word and Excel.
- Capable NBS, technical and other performance specification writing skills.
- Thorough understanding of the responsibilities of all design related legislation i.e. CDM, CCA and H&S.
- Have good organisational skills and ability to work under pressure.
- Enthusiastic and flexible approach to work.
- Be able to work under own initiative or as part of a team.
- Good interpersonal skills and able to work at all levels with colleagues and clients.
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written.
- A proven period of working in a similar role on a variety of architectural projects and covering all stages of the construction process.
- Must be eligible to work in the UK.
- We are looking for candidates who have the confidence, tenacity and professionalism to produce high quality designs.
- The company culture is one of promotion according to talent and impact, not time served in the business. Ambition is expected and rewarded.
- The successful candidate will need to have good communication skills and have the ability to work in a busy environment as a member of a team.
- They will need to be willing to develop new skills beyond their core knowledge and have the ability to meet deadlines.
- The candidate will need to be flexible and committed to the needs of the practice, team and project with the terms of employment.
- This is an excellent opportunity to join a thriving and ambitious design team which offers strong career prospects.
How to apply
Please send a cover letter, CV and examples of your work to email@example.com
Unfortunately, due to the volume of applicants, we are unable to respond to every candidate.
Strictly no agencies.
Back to jobs