If you are a practice/organisation with three or more members/potential members, then we would encourage you to register as a CIAT Group Membership Practice.
There is no cost to sign up and your practice can take advantage of the Group Membership benefits which include:
- Waived application fee (£70) and 50% reduction in first year's annual subscription for new applicants.
- 25% reduction in qualifying assessment fees, when four or more candidates apply en bloc.
- Professional Interview Board can be conducted at your practice, free of charge.
- Free in-house Progression Sessions delivered by the Membership Department.
- Use of CIAT Group Membership Scheme logo.
- 25% discount when advertising through CIAT jobs.
If you want to sign up or learn more, please email email@example.com
£40 reward if you introduce a new member
Introduce a friend or colleague to join the Institute and you will be rewarded for it!
Members can apply for CSCS cards to prove professional status whilst on site. The cards are increasingly demanded as proof of occupational competence by contractors, public and private clients and others. There are several cards available according to membership level and work situation.
- To obtain the Professionally Qualified Person's Card (PQP): the applicant must be MCIAT, TCIAT or ACIAT, pass the Professionally Qualified Persons Health and Safety test and submit two referees; one from an employer (which can also be a client) and one from another MCIAT, TCIAT or ACIAT member or James Banks, Membership Director (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- To obtain the Academically Qualified Person's Card (AQP): the applicant must be a profile candidate with a relevant academic qualification (HNC/HND/FdSc/degree or above) and pass the Academically Qualified Persons Health and Safety test and submit two referees; one from an employer (which can also be a client) and one from another MCIAT, TCIAT or ACIAT member or James Banks, Membership Director (email@example.com)
- Visitor's Card: there are two types depending upon level of escort required on site and these have different health and safety requirements. You will be required to take and pass the Operative Health and Safety test.
- Trainee Card: the applicant would be a student member, pass the Operative Health and Safety test and be working towards MCIAT or TCIAT or ACIAT.
Profile candidates whith no formal qualification can apply for the Technical Supervisory and Management Trainee Card.
For further information please call 0844 576 8777 or to download the application form please visit: www.cscs.uk.com/application
NB - CSCS will require original documents when applying and not copies.