Loft insulation isn't working
What can we do about it?
LoftZone is a British company that offers solutions for the loft space in buildings. In conjunction with CIAT LoftZone now offers a free registered CPD course.
Recent research shows that loft insulation isn’t working in 80% of UK houses. Why is this, and what can we do about it?
A one-hour online CPD module by LoftZone will explain:
- The ‘in-use factors’ that limit the effectiveness of loft insulation.
- The research by the National Physical Laboratory and Carbon Trust that show how widespread these factors are.
- Traditional insulation and building methods which are no longer appropriate.
- Alternative techniques to maximise insulation performance.
- Specific design considerations and a U-value calculator.
- Safety requirements in lofts, including RoSPA loft accident statistics.
Members that undertake the module online will be asked to answer six multiple choice questions at the end and those with a 75% pass rate will be sent a certificate to confirm completion of their one hour CPD accreditation. Those who do not will be told which questions were wrong and then allowed to resubmit.
Cost/fee for attendance: this online module is free and can be found at: http://greenbuildingencyclopaedia.uk/product/loftzone-storefloor-cpd-shop/
LoftZone Ltd, 82 Coast Road, West Mersea, Colchester, Essex, CO5 8LS
Name of CPD contact: Dave Raval, Chief Executive
T: 01483 600304