UK Government to run Brexit business readiness events
The UK Government is running a series of free 'get ready for Brexit' business readiness events across the country.
As part of its Get Ready for Brexit campaign, the UK Government is running a series of free 'get ready for Brexit' business readiness events across the country during September and October, offering businesses help and advice on how to prepare for Brexit. These free events will be visiting all parts of the country, allowing businesses to meet government advisers to discuss what they need to do to prepare for Brexit, understand what's changing in their industry, and information on specific rules and regulations. These events will provide specific business-focused advice and help and will combine a keynote address, interactive support and advice stands, and in-depth sessions led by subject matter experts.
Business intermediaries are also welcome at these events, as one of the features specifically designed for these events is a session that provides information along with a pack for you to use with your members and networks.
For all venue locations (which are continuously being updated) and further details, please register here.
Please see a typical agenda below:
Registration and networking
Visit advice stands: Get direct advice and support from government advisers to understand what your business may need to do to prepare for Brexit, what's changing in your industry, and information on specific rules and regulations. Get support on areas including:
- Importing from the EU
- Exporting to the EU
- Providing services or doing business in the EU
- Employing EU citizens
- Transferring personal data
- Support available in your local area
Keynote address: Get ready for Brexit
Businesses should take practical steps to ensure they are prepared for Brexit. Join this session to:
- Understand what's changing for business
- Get clear advice on the practical steps and actions that you can take, and
- Find out more about the resources and support available to help you to get ready
Insight seminars: Hear from subject matter experts on areas such as:
- Import, export and customs for Business
- Employers of EU citizens
- Trading with countries internationally and Brexit
- Prepare your business for Brexit – food and drink; farming; fisheries; waste, chemicals and trade
- Prepare your energy business for Brexit
- Trade in services – preparing for Brexit
- Data protection and Brexit
- Intellectual property and Brexit