Vacancy for aspirATion chair
CIAT’s aspirATion Group has a vacancy for the role of Chair in the Wessex Region.
This initiative is aimed at future Architectural Technology professionals and specifically designed to target students and recent graduates and encourage Institute engagement in their formative years within the discipline.
The Chair will work with the established Regional Committee, CIAT Accredited programmes, colleges, peer groups such as neighbouring aspirATion Regions/Centres, members of BRE Academy, CIOB Novus, RICS Matrics, and industry professionals within the Region to organise events which can include social, CPD events or site visits.
To apply, a personal statement outlining why you would be suitable for the role of Chair and relating this to the Terms of Reference is required.
The aspirATion Group Terms of Reference are:
- Provide a focal point for the Institute’s activities and objectives with respect to all future Architectural Technology professional members.
- Maintain a dialogue between the aspirATion Group and the Institute’s other Groups and Committees regarding any issues that may affect future Architectural Technology professional members and to ensure that they are not adversely affected by any of these issues.
- Raise awareness of Institute activities, objectives and constitutional processes.
- Increase the potential for participation among current students.
- Increase awareness of the Institute to potential future Architectural Technology professionals and other associated professionals.
Eligibility criteria for this role is as follows:
- Current student member
- ACIAT or Profile candidate ≤ 5 years
- MCIAT or TCIAT ≤ 3 years
All personal statements should be sent to Holly Banks, Education and CPD Administrator (Email email@example.com) by Tuesday 9 October.